Links & Reports
International climate websites...
- IPPC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - https://www.ipcc.ch
- UNFCCC - United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change - https://unfccc.int
- CDM registry - https://cdm.unfccc.int/
- Including an interesting FAQ on the clean development mechanism: https://cdm.unfccc.int/faq/index.html
Websites on climate and emissions trading...
- Federal government - https://www.climat.be (French) or https://www.klimaat.be (Dutch) and this website https://www.climateregistry.be
- Brussels-Capital region: https://leefmilieu.brussels/themas/lucht-klimaat/klimaat (Dutch) - https://www.environnement.brussels/thematiques/air-climat/climat/ (French)
- Flemish region: https://omgeving.vlaanderen.be/energie-en-klimaat (Dutch)
- Wallonian region - https://www.awac.be/ (French)
- Europe - DG Clima - https://ec.europa.eu/clima/index_en.htm
- European Transaction Log (EUTL) - https://ec.europa.eu/environment/ets/
- Belgian accreditation instance (BELAC) - https://economie.fgov.be/en/themes/quality-and-safety/accreditation-belac/accredited-bodies/validation-and-verification (list of accredited verifiers)
You can download via this link the list of aircraft operators for which Belgium has been assigned as responsible member state by Commission Regulation (EU) No 2017/294 of 21 February 2017 (list approved by the National Climate Commission on 8 May 2020).
A. Emission Trading Scheme - ETS
For each installation that falls under the scope of the Directive 2003/87(CE), the amount of verified emissions, the allowances that have been surrendered and a symbol indicating whether the installation has violated the obligation incumbent upon it for the year is published annually.
The following link provides a summary compliance table of the previous two phases of the EU-ETS, namely phase II (2008-2012) and phase III (2013-2020).
The following links provide a summary compliance table of phase III (2013-2020) for fixed installations and for aircraft operators (table with aggregated data - table with aggregated data on the use of international credits - last updated 06/04/2021)
B. Effort Sharing Decision - ESD
The following link provides a compliance table of phase III (2013-2020) under the Effort Sharing Decision (last updated 06/04/2021).
The following report provides an overview of the Belgian auctioning revenues in Phase III (2013-2020) of the EU-ETS : BE auctioning revenues.
All Annex I countries of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) must report annually, and no later than April 15, their greenhouse gas emissions. This report consists of two parts:
- A list of tables in a prescribed format, called Common Reporting Format (CRF).
- A National Inventory Report (NIR) that clarifies evaluation methods and data used.
You can consult those reports on the website of the UNFCCC. By clicking on the corresponding year in the menu at the right hand side, you can also view reports from previous years.
Pursuant to Decision CMP 13.1 (Annex I, Part E, paragraphs 45 to 48) the following information regarding the data of the registries should be made publicly available:
- Information on accounts (CMP 13.1, Annex I, E, paragraph 45)
- Information on JI projects (CMP 13.1, Annex I, E, paragraph 46) (the ERUs for both projects have been converted from AAUs in 2013)
- Information on Kyoto units and transactions (CMP 13.1, Annex I, E, paragraph 47):
- CP2 SEF (submission 2020, report on 2019)
- CP2 SEF (submission 2019, report on 2018)
- CP2 SEF (submission 2018, report on 2017)
- CP2 SEF (submission 2017, report on 2016)
- CP2 SEF (submission 2016, report on 2015)
- CP2 SEF (submission 2015, report on 2014)
- CP2 SEF (submission 2014, report on 2013)
- Information on legal entities (CMP 13.1, Annex I, E, paragraph 48)
Latest update of this information: see the registry (right-bottom).
The website of the EUTL https://ec.europa.eu/environment/ets/welcome.do offers a search engine to search through all up-to-date account data, all accounts, all operators, all contacts, compliance statuses, entitlements,...